Christmas has come and gone in a whirlwind of family fun and holiday cheer! I’m sad it’s over but I still have another week off for New Year’s and I’m loving to be able to spend my days mostly in my pajamas. I’m getting lots of reading and blogging done which is great, and I’ve scheduled my 2015 Blogging Resolutions post for next week.
I’ve been thinking a lot about how to make my blog original and more unique. You’ll read more about this kind of thing when it’s published, but also just having a set time or day of the week to focus completely on blogging in order to put out better content. I won’t be posting as frequently during the week in the new year, and to start it off I’ve cut back on memes (see my Early Excitement post).
Well now I’m getting into blogging in my LIFE section…
I’ve been really loving to drink Chai lately, although it’s been about 4o degrees. Today it was almost 60! I miss the snow and was sad we didn’t have a white Christmas. 😦 That’s about the only time I enjoy it. But it’s snowing here on the blog!
Sometime this weekend my parents and I are hoping to go to the movies and see Unbroken! It looks amazing and after reading the book I’m very excited! Have any of you seen it? What did you think?
Since it was Christmas and I got A LOT of books, I have posted a separate book haul that you can check out if you want to see all the new goodies.
Recently Finished and Currently Reading
Yesterday I finished Seeker by Arwen Elys Dayton which I really enjoyed! It wasn’t your average fantasy read; it was very new and refreshing! My review will be up on January 27th! Last night I started My True Love Gave to Me edited by Stephanie Perkins! I’ve heard great things and I wanted to read it during the holidays. After that I’m thinking of reading Salt & Stone by Victoria Scott — I can’t wait!!!
Around the Blogosphere
- Rachel @ Confessions of a Book Geek was nominated for the Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award and spread the love on to me! Thanks, Rachel, I’ll be doing the post soon!
- It was the time for blogiversaries! Kayla @ The Bookish Owl and the girls @ YA Midnight Reads blogs BOTH turned 2!
- Laura @ Laura Plus Books breaks down her 14 favorite books of 2014.
- Cee @ The Novel Hermit talks snowy covers in her feature Holy Mother Cover!
- Lori @ Writing My Own Fairy Tale recaps all of the books pubbing in January of 2015.
- Katie @ Kittens and Books gives tips on how to catch up on your Goodreads reading challenge!
Here at Books & Cleverness
- I reviewed Isla and the Happily Ever After by Stephanie Perkins.
- I took the 2014 End of Year Book Survey!
- I hauled the books I found under my Christmas tree.
- I got excited about some January 2015 releases!
How was your week? I’d love to chat with you in the comments!