Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and The Bookish.
Top Ten Series That I’ve Been Wanting to Start (and Finish)
1. Throne of Glass series by Sarah J. Maas
Because EVERYONE has been recommending and raving about these books!
2. The Luxe series by Anna Godbersen
I’ve already started reading Anna Godbersen’s other series set in the 1920s, so obviously I must read these too.
3. The Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon
With all of the buzz surrounding the TV show I figure this is a no-brainer. Plus, I hear the love interest is swoony.
4. The Bone Season series by Samantha Shannon
I got this one for Christmas LAST year and hear it’s absolutely wonderful…
5. The Cousins’ War series by Philippa Gregory
I actually already watched the TV series and OH. MY. GOD. Addictive much? Watched the whole series in about 2 weeks.
6. The Delirium trilogy by Lauren Oliver
I STILL haven’t finished this trilogy. I’ve been telling myself that I’ve been going to for about 2 years now…
7. The Gone series by Michael Grant
I love these books to death (haha) but I hit a bump in my progress and really, really want to finish the last two books soon.
8. The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer (that have been released)
I read Scarlet and IT BLEW MY MIND. Okay, so much better than Cinder and I NEED to read Cress now, and then Fairest, and so on, and so on.
9. The A Song of Ice and Fire series by George R.R. Martin (that have been released)
My friend (who started the series right after I finished reading book three) is now almost done with book four. I take that as a sign I need to read this series faster.
10. The His Fair Assassin series by Robin LaFevers
I have book 2 in my possession I just need to find time to read it so I can be on the same page with everyone when they all fangirl about Mortal Heart which is coming out SOON!
What series have you been meaning to start or finish?
Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and The Bookish.
Top Ten Authors I Own the Most Books From
- J.K. Rowling / 11 books – Harry Potter series, The Tales of Beedle the Bard, Quidditch Through the Ages, Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, The Casual Vacancy
- Cassandra Clare / 8 books – First 5 books in The Mortal Instruments series, First 2 books in The Infernal Devices series, The Shadowhunter’s Codex
- Amanda Hocking / 7 books – The Trylle Trilogy, The Watersong series
- Julie Kagawa / 6 books – The Iron Fey series + the e-novellas
- Sara Shepherd / 6 books – The Lying Game series
- Michael Scott / 6 books – The Secret’s of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel series
- Michael Grant / 5 books – First 5 books in the Gone series
- Pittacus Lore / 4 books – The Lorien Legacy series
- Jenny Han / 4 books – The Summer series, To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before
- Jennifer E. Smith / 4 books – The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight, This is What Happy Looks Like, The Geography of You and Me, You Are Here
What authors do you own the most books from?
Since I got back from my vacation, I realized just how quickly August is approaching. That also means for me, my Dusting off the Shelf Read-A-Thon will be in full swing in just about 5 days! Ah! As you can probably tell from this post title, I’m announcing (a little later than I was planning to) the challenges that some of you lovely people helped me come up with in the Goodreads Group that I’ve created for the Read-A-Thon. Feel free to join it, I’ll be adding discussions for the challenges, etc. in the near future! I’ll also be including my TBR that I hope to read during those two weeks, and I plan to make this my “master post” of sorts for my daily progress. Those of you that have joined: feel free to do something similar to track your progress and see how you do on challenges! If you don’t feel like it, it doesn’t make a difference to me, though! I want this to be a really laid back and fun read-a-thon! 😉
Those of you that have no idea what I’m talking about: here is my post in which I announced the Read-A-Thon, give the rules, sign-up info, etc.
With a little help from my blog friends I’ve got a few challenges that you can participate in if you want to! A little incentive to pick up something that’s been sitting around that you haven’t thought about lately.
- Read a book set in the past.
- Read a classic.
- Read a book written before 2010.
- Read at least 100 pages a day.
- And of course…the books must be neglected by you! One that’s been sitting unread for quite a while!
- Read a book set in the past: The Diviners by Libba Bray
- Read a classic: Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen // The Grapes of Wrath by John Steinbeck (School summer reading book, but if I can make it count, I’ll do it!)
- Read a book written before 2010: The Maze Runner by James Dashner
- Fear by Michael Grant
- Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs
- Pandemonium & Requiem by Lauren Oliver
Check back to this post to keep track of my progress throughout the Read-A-Thon! Link me to your progress posts in the comments so I can see how you’re doing, too!
On Twitter use the hashtag #DustingofftheShelf so we can all chat and keep each other motivated!
Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish!
Top Ten Books On My Summer TBR List
There are SO many books that I really want to read this summer so narrowing it down to 10 will be a little tricky… Many of these books are ones that I’ve had sitting on my shelf or eReader for a sad amount of time that I want to read. Also this list is completely random and unordered.
***Prepare for some sass below. I was in a sassy and sarcastic mood when I was writing this post last night.***
1. Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs
I’ve been meaning to read this one for such a long time! I’ve heard awesome things about it, plus it’s by Ransom Riggs who is also awesome. So obviously the book must be awesome, too.
2. Paper Towns by John Green
I got this one last summer and still haven’t read it. I live in shame.
3. Pandemonium & Requiem by Lauren Oliver
I seriously cannot believe I haven’t finished this series. I’m hoping I’ll be re-motivated to binge read these last two after watch the un-released pilot of the TV show when it’s released on Hulu this Friday! I’m SO excited for it, by the way!
4. Fear by Michael Grant
I can always count on these books for some action and entertainment. Michael Grant, you are too good.
5. A Feast for Crows by George R.R. Martin
I’ve heard this is kind of a filler book…I’m nervous I won’t be able to get into it. But I shall push through.
6. The One by Kiera Cass (and the novellas)
I really just want to read all the swoon-y kiss-y scenes. I don’t have a preference for guy, I just want to swoon and see who she picks! (Is that shallow of me?)
7. Ignite Me by Tahereh Mafi
8. Through the Ever Night & Into the Still Blue by Veronica Rossi
Another series I can’t believe I haven’t finished. What is my problem with not finishing series that I LOVED the first book?!
9. City of Lost Souls by Cassandra Clare
While everyone else was freaking out that CoHF came out, I was freaking out that I finally bought my paperback copy of CoLS. Side note: does anyone know the release date for the paperback of Clockwork Princess?
10. Tiger Lily by Jodi Lynn Anderson
Bring on the Peter Pan feels. I’m not ready, but bring ’em.
What books do you have on your summer TBR list? Let me know in the comments!