My life has been pretty boring this week. I stayed home all week from school due to being sick, spending the majority of my time on the couch, on the computer, watching TV and reading of course! (That’s why I was a little more active in the blogging community, leaving some comments, etc. I plan to comment around more today but I also have like 50+ comments to reply to on THIS blog…)
Also: Is anyone else as excited as I am for Taylor Swift’s, 1989, coming out tomorrow?!?!??!?! From what I’ve heard of the three songs she’s released and the bit in the Target commercial I love it! I know some people are bummed about it being pop, but listening to the lyrics of “Out of the Woods” you can really see the same old Taylor shining through with her lyrics!
I didn’t get any books this week, but there is one I’m VERY excited for that is coming out this Tuesday…
That would be Diamonds in the Rough (The Secret Diamond Sisters, #2) by Michelle Madow! I read the first book earlier this year in anticipation of meeting Michelle (who is SO NICE, by the way), and I’m a member of her Street Team for the series. But the best part? I’m going to be in the acknowledgements! She announced that she is putting every street team members name in the acknowledgements which I think is the SWEETEST, and also ups my excitement a bit! 😉
As for my reading, being home sick did have its advantages: I read TWO books this week! Now, for some people that isn’t anything, but juggling school, blogging, and reading makes this number huge for me, as I normally only get to read on the weekends. This first I read was Rush by Eve Silver [REVIEW], which was a fun and exciting alien sci-fi! And the second (just finished this morning) was The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin. That book, WOW. I have to continue to process it before I can write a coherent review. It should be up tomorrow though, if I can get my brain to work properly.
- Cait @ The Notebook Sisters talks social media and the accounts that she’s found most useful for book bloggers.
- Asma @ IceyBooks talks about when writing a review of a book changes your feelings about it…for the worse.
- Erin @ The Book Nut talks about Penguin’s First to Read program (I personally love it!) and gives us some pointers to make the best of it!
- Epic Reads made yet ANOTHER beautiful graphic featuring historical fiction in YA (<3)
- The Book of Jules talks about some current hastags floating around the book blogging community.
- Amanda @ The Book Badger shares her thoughts on ratings, archives, and blind requests.
- Ashley @ Nose Graze talks about the recent leak that Adobe is spying on some Digital Editions users. But is it really a problem?
- Stephanie @ These Paper Hearts helps us out when it comes to choosing a blog color scheme.
Here’s what you missed at Books & Cleverness this week:
- Top Ten Series That I’ve Been Wanting to Start (and Finish)
- Waiting on…Illusionarium by Heather Dixon
- Enough is Enough! (My thoughts on series and worlds that seem to last forever)
- Review: Rush by Eve Silver
I hope you all had a wonderful week! I’d love to chat with you! 🙂