Hello hello! It’s been a while, hasn’t it? While I did have posts going up semi-frequently throughout the months of September and October, I hit a bit of a dry spell when I reached November. That was when my pre-planned posts ran out, school got crazy busy, and I fell almost completely off the face of the earth, haha!
BUT, I had an incredible semester, and as always I’m happy to be home on break and relax! So, here’s an attempt at filling you in on my life in the past three months, and a peek at what’s to come!
This was my first semester as a Graphic Design major (freshman year was spent in foundations), and I had a blast! I was finally able to do more work that I really loved, and I think it showed. I got a lot of different exposure to all kinds of design. I can proudly say that I’ve designed two full books, and I going to be working on hand binding one myself during this break!
My parents visited in October for our Parent’s Weekend, and we traveled to Newport, RI for the first time. This was also the first time I’ve been to the ocean and beach in like, 10 or 12 years?! I had the time of my life! It’s such a beautiful New England town.
November brought my Taylor Swift obsession to new heights with the release of reputation! It’s definitely a relevant life update because it’s taken over my life ever since. This album is incredible. I also went home for a week for Thanksgiving break but was swamped with work so I didn’t have a ton of free time. I spent most of it working on one of my finals, an instructional animation about how to make a cup of tea!
December signified the end of the semester and class registration for Wintersession and Spring semester! I also cannot wait for Wintersession – I’m taking a Textiles course on surface design, as well as a Paleography class about ancient lettering! As for non-school-related things, I’m planning a trip to NYC with my friend (it’s going to be my first time in the Big Apple)!!
I’m currently prepping my portfolio and resume to apply for internships for the summer. I’m super nervous about it, but also SO EXCITED to start planning my future. Wish me luck!
In Case You Missed It…Blog Posts
- Review: Genuine Fraud by E. Lockhart – This also just got a movie deal from Lena Dunham and I’m so thrilled!
- Killer YA Mysteries & Thrillers | If You Liked Genuine Fraud
- If Characters Were Bloggers | Part 2
- Review: And I Darken by Kiersten White
- Writing Reviews | Timing, Genres, and Review Styles, Oh My!
- Review: The Unexpected Everything by Morgan Matson
- Early Excitement | Auto-Buy Authors and the Far-Away ’18s
- Unhauling Books | My Criteria for Saying Goodbye
- Review: Julia Vanishes by Catherine Egan
- Book Photography & Blogging | The Rise of Bookstagram & Do Photos Make for Better Posts?
- Look What You Made Me Do | Taylor Swift Book Tag, Part 2
- Review: A Hundred Hours of Night by Anna Woltz
- Blog Tour Review: Not Now, Not Ever by Lily Anderson
I’ve mentioned this before, but when I do my design work I binge-watch a TON of TV. It’s such a great way to become immersed in stories like with books, but not have to focus as hard. Prepare to be amazed in the amount of TV I’ve consumed over the past three months:
- Poldark Seasons 1-3 – Guys, this show is SO good! And *swoon* these men are fine!
- Victoria Season 1 – Another PBS show that didn’t disappoint! I can’t wait for Season 2.
- Doctor Thorne Miniseries – I watched this one after Poldark because I love the lead actor, but enjoyed this one a lot!
- The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel Season 1 – This show is hilarious! I hadn’t heard much about it prior to watching it, but I LOVED it! A female comedian? Yes, please!
- Red Oaks Seasons 1-3 – This was such a fun series. It was sweet, a little funny, and the perfect binge.
- Gilmore Girls Season 1 – FINALLY! I FINALLY WATCHED IT! I cannot wait to continue on with the series because it is just so wonderful!
- Teen Wolf Season 6B – I can’t believe it’s actually over…Unfortunately, it didn’t live up to the other season for me.
- Riverdale Season 2 – This show…It’s definitely a guilty pleasure watch for me.
- Stranger Things Season 1 & about half of Season 2 – GUYS. STRANGER THINGS. STEVE HARRINGTON. JONATHAN BYERS. I LOVE THIS SHOW!
I’ve also watched a bunch of movies, but I have some upcoming posts featuring a few of those! 😉
If you guys have watched any of these I’d LOVE to chat with you about them!
Winter Break Reading
I am SO SO happy to get the chance to read once again. I did sneak in a little bit during the fall and over Thanksgiving break, but this is my time to dive back into the deep end!
I’ve got two review copies that I’ve been chomping at the bit to get around to reading:
If you follow me on Instagram, you may have seen one of my many stories where I rambled in agony over whether or not to request The Hazel Wood by Melissa Albert. Well, I did, folks! I’m going to be reading it in the coming weeks and I’M SO EXCITED YOU GUYS DON’T UNDERSTAND! I’m also thrilled that my wish was granted on NetGalley for Furyborn by Claire Legrand! I was so not expecting that, so huge thanks to the publisher!
Just before writing this post I actually read The Princess Saves Herself in This One by Amanda Lovelace in one sitting. You can look out for my review shortly, but WOW, what a book. I actually read this as a part of my “Swiftie Book Club” that I kind of started, after joining Taylor Swift’s new app and meeting a lot of lovely people that also love to read. The book has been talked about a lot in reference to Taylor and her music so I thought it would be a fitting pick for our first read! I definitely saw the correlation.
Coming up on the blog…
As of right now, you can plan on lots of reviews, and some more fun posts heading your way soon! I already mentioned about my review for Amanda Lovelace’s book, but also keep an eye out for my review of The Circle by Dave Eggers (and the movie)!
Like I always say, I’m so thrilled to be back with you guys! I’ll be making the rounds to visit blogs while I’m back and I can’t wait to catch up on what I’ve missed. Thanks for always sticking with me! ❤