The holiday season is one of my favorite times of the year, and what better way to celebrate here on the blog all season long, than by curating my very own (bookish) gift guide for you! Stay tuned for these posts once a week or so until a few weeks before Christmas (which will be here before we know it)! I put prices for every item and all links bring you to the item’s website to purchase. If you don’t like exactly what I have shown, feel free to use these ideas to create your very own personalized gift for that special bookish someone!
Today I’m featuring gifts for…
THE FAIRY TALE LOVER!
- Cinderella (2015) DVD ($17.99) — If you like fairy tales, odds are you like Cinderella. I love this new live action version! Starring Lily James and Richard Madden (swoon), it’s such a sweet movie that everyone will enjoy.
- Love is the Most Powerful Magic Art Print ($13.75) — A quote from Once Upon A Time, I think this print is the perfect thing to hang up on the wall, whether you watch the show or not. This artist’s Redbubble shop is full of other pretty typography prints, so be sure to check her out there!
- Dainty Arrow Necklace ($22.00) — Not only do arrows remind me of fairy tales and badass heroines, but they’re super chic to wear as jewelry now. This particular one is small and delicate, and completely sterling silver.
- Enchanted Forest Coloring Book ($10.07) — Adult coloring books are all the rage. This one features beautiful designs to color that are all in the realm of fairy tales. Not only is this a coloring book, but it also features hidden objects and mazes for an added bit of interactiveness!
- Funko Pop! Disney Peasant Belle ($9.99) — The perfect bookshelf buddy, these figures are so fun to collect. I’ve already started and am getting addicted to buying and placing them on my shelf. I chose to highlight my favorite Disney princess, Belle, but of course you’re open to any of the other Pop! figures.
- The Wrath and the Dawn by Renée Ahdieh ($17.99 from publisher) — Possibly a lesser known fairy tale, TWATD is a retelling of A Thousand and One Nights. I read this one earlier in the year and freaked out because it’s AH-MAZING. Being that it’s a 2015 release, it’s likely the person you’re planning to gift it to hasn’t yet read it (unless they’re super active in the book community)!
Synopsis from publisher:
A sumptuous and epically told love story inspired by A Thousand and One Nights
Every dawn brings horror to a different family in a land ruled by a killer. Khalid, the eighteen-year-old Caliph of Khorasan, takes a new bride each night only to have her executed at sunrise. So it is a suspicious surprise when sixteen-year-old Shahrzad volunteers to marry Khalid. But she does so with a clever plan to stay alive and exact revenge on the Caliph for the murder of her best friend and countless other girls. Shazi’s wit and will, indeed, get her through to the dawn that no others have seen, but with a catch . . . she’s falling in love with the very boy who killed her dearest friend.
She discovers that the murderous boy-king is not all that he seems and neither are the deaths of so many girls. Shazi is determined to uncover the reason for the murders and to break the cycle once and for all.
That’s it for my second post in my 2015 Holiday Gift Guide series. Have a specific genre you want me to curate gifts for? Let me know! And be sure to check out my first post, featuring gifts for the FANGIRL in your life!