The holiday season is one of my favorite times of the year, and what better way to celebrate here on the blog all season long, than by curating my very own (bookish) gift guide for you! Stay tuned for these posts once a week or so until a few weeks before Christmas (which will be here before we know it)! I put prices for every item and all links bring you to the item’s website to purchase. If you don’t like exactly what I have shown, feel free to use these ideas to create your very own personalized gift for that special bookish someone!
Today’s post is the most generic gift of the group…
FOR THE FANGIRL!
- Folded Between the Pages of Books – Black Art Print ($18.34) — I’m a sucker for beautiful typography and graphic design elements, and this combines both into a pretty art print that would be perfect to hang on the wall of a book lover’s room or library! I spent a huge chunk of time looking through all of the beautiful work this artist has on their Redbubble shop, so I urge you to go and check out their other products, too.
- I Ship It Mug ($16.00) — A common saying among us fangirls, this is the perfect addition to a mug collection. I can picture any fangirl sitting back, relaxing with a cup of coffee or tea, and reading a great book, or watching an awesome movie or TV show!
- Bibliophile Life Throw Pillow ($19.84) — The little illustrations on this pillow represent everything fangirl. I think it’s adorable and understated, and would look so cute in any room or library, any decor!
- Cozy Socks ($5.00) — I ventured to Old Navy for this find, and aren’t they so cute?! There are other animal and print options when you go to their website, and who doesn’t love an adorable cozy sock to snuggle up in!
- Between the Pages Spiral Notebook ($12.00) — If you’re a reader and a fangirl, you most likely enjoy writing, too. This simplistic and pretty spiral notebook is the perfect place to make a list of upcoming reads, write some reviews, or journal about life.
- The Fangirl’s Guide to the Galaxy by Sam Maggs ($15.95 from publisher) — This is one my personal wishlist this year. I’ve flipped through this one at the store and was pretty much drooling. The illustrations and the text are so accurate to the fangirl life. This is a MUST for any fangirl, beginner or experienced!
Synopsis from Publisher:
Fanfic, cosplay, cons, books, memes, podcasts, vlogs, OTPs and RPGs and MMOs and more—it’s never been a better time to be a girl geek. The Fangirl’s Guide to the Galaxy is the ultimate handbook for ladies living the nerdy life, a fun and feminist take on the often male-dominated world of geekdom.
With delightful illustrations and an unabashed love for all the in(ternet)s and outs of geek culture, this book is packed with tips, playthroughs, and cheat codes for everything from starting an online fan community to planning a convention visit to supporting fellow female geeks in the wild.
I hope you all enjoyed this first post in my 2015 Holiday Gift Guide series! Next week I’m planning on doing a genre-related one. If you’d like a specific themed gift guide, let me know in the comments and I’ll try and accommodate!