I just discovered this challenge of sorts, and as soon as I saw it I knew that I had to participate. This summer I’ve got the most ARCs ever on my TBR, so I think it was meant to be that I sign up for ARC August!
For more about ARC August, visit Octavia’s post on Read. Sleep. Repeat. As the graphic said, this is the third year that the lovely Octavia has run this brilliant challenge, and I can’t wait to participate!
The rules are very simple
- It may be a physical ARC or and eARC but it MUST be an ARC
- Yes it can be an ARC that has released as long as it’s an ARC I’m not going to nit pick much
- HAVE FUN WITH THIS! Feeling like you are being “forced” to read is the best way turn a fun event into a yucky obligation.
- Update post! I personally will do a post for each Saturday in August but that’s just me. You can update once a week, every other week or once for the whole darn event. This update can be in the form of a blog or tumblr post, vlog, link to your “ARC August 2015″ shelf or even an instagram pic! I want to make this as easy and low pressure as possible for you.
Without giving myself an actual number of books (because that stresses me out), my goal for the challenge is to complete all of my remaining August ARCs, September ARCs, and get a jump start on any ARCs that I happen to have in my possession with later releases also. I think that’s manageable for me!
These are the books as of right now, but they’re bound to change when August finally arrives!
- The Secrets of Lake Road by Karen Katchur (Aug.)
- Lair of Dreams by Libba Bray (Aug.)
- Hello, Goodbye, and Everything In Between by Jennifer E. Smith (Sept.)
- Dream Things True by Marie Marquardt (Sept.)
- The Weight of Feathers by Anna-Marie McLemore (Sept.)
- These Shallow Graves by Jennifer Donnelly (Oct.)
Will you be participating in ARC August?