Book bloggers unable to attend the BEA Bloggers Conference or Book Expo America (BEA) in New York City, but would like to ‘meet’ other book bloggers and publishers to discuss books and book blogging can participate in this virtual event. Armchair BEA has been run by book bloggers on a volunteer basis since 2010, although giveaways are sponsored by authors and publishers.
- The Maze Runner — This was one that I’ve seen more recently (many times, I might add…*cough* Dylan O’brien *cough*) and I can definitely say that it is better than the book. I’ve never said that about an adaptation before, but I truly felt everything about the movie just heightened the cool ideas of the book. Plus, each of the actors were incredible!
- The Fault in Our Stars — There wasn’t a thing I found wrong with this movie. To this day I’ve only been able to watch it once, but it was beautiful and captured the book in a beautiful way. Definitely lived up to the book, but can never surpass it.
- Mockingjay Part One — I was blown away by this one. I was really nervous going to see this movie because, to be honest, I really didn’t like the last book in the trilogy. But this movie made me really enjoy the beginning of the book again, and Jennifer Lawrence is amazing. Her performance was touching and emotional.
- The Great Gatsby (2013) — While there were definitely some parts of the movie that I hated (the modern music), I thought the movie portrayed the crazy events of the book really well. It was entertaining, and not made out to be a love story.
- The Harry Potter Series — I HAD to include these, because although there were some minor things, the movies are the way that I revisit this world most often (as they take less of my time than rereading a whole book). I will always think of the characters as these actors I’ve come to love.
What adaptations do you think were spot on? Which ones missed the mark?