Yesterday was my first day of February break, and I am SO thankful. Life’s been pretty stressful lately with school, tests, holidays, college planning stuff… I’m in for a much needed break!
Yesterday was Valentine’s Day, which (like always) I spend with my mom as my dad was working, and then celebrated after dinner and exchanged cards and gifts! I also started working on an English essay, because YES, my teacher thought it would be a great idea to have an essay due the Sunday night after break started. -.-
Anywho, I’m happy to be on break, and plan to read, read, read this week!
An Uncertain Choice by Jody Hedlund — Thanks Zondervan and NetGalley!
Lying Out Loud by Kody Keplinger — Thanks Scholastic! (My first ever unsolicited physical ARC!! YAY!)
The Trouble with Destiny by Lauren Morrill — Thanks Delacorte Press and NetGalley!
My parents buy my a little something in reward for high report card grades at the end of each quarter in school, so these were the books I got/picked out. I also bought a copy of All the Bright Places for a friend whose birthday is coming up. Although I have yet to read the book, I know she’ll love it, and I trust all of your guys’ reviews! 😉
So these two things happened when I either found out about the book or saw the cover and read the synopsis for these books on Goodreads:
HOW DID I NOT KNOW ABOUT THIS BOOK UNTIL NOW?!?!? MINDY MCGINNIS IS ONE OF MY FAVORITE AUTHORS AHH.
Recent, Current, & Upcoming Reads
CURRENT: The Walls Around Us by Nova Ren Suma — Yup, still reading this. It’s not the book that’s slow, I’m just not really in the mood to read lately for some reason.
UPCOMING: I actually have no idea what I want to read next!
Here @ Books & Cleverness:
- Review: Salt & Stone by Victoria Scott
- Review: Volition by Lily Paradis
- Love is in the air! | My Favorite YA Couples
Around the Blogosphere:
With it being Valentine’s Day yesterday, tons of bloggers celebrated with Valentine’s Day-themed posts:
- Abby @ Enthralling Reads talks her favorite OTPs and ships!
- The girls @ The Book Bratz share their favorite swoon-worthy reads.
- Danielle @ Love at First Page asks which book boyfriend “type” we love.
- Octavia @ Read. Sleep. Repeat. reviews the Fifty Shades of Grey movie (okay maybe not really Valentine’s Day) but her post is hilarious!
- The ladies @ Oh! The Books share their heart-shaped box of YA Romances.
- Cait @ Paper Fury created a quiz testing our skills remembering what swoon-y quote was from which book! (I got 7/11 correct!)
- Melanie @ YA Midnight Reads wrote a great post featuring the signs that show you’re more obsessed with your favorite OTP than your life.
- Alicia @ A Kernel of Nonsense posted her nonsensical Valentine’s Day book recommendations.
Other notable posts:
- Nick @ Nick’s Book Blog wonders if bloggers are attracted to negative reviews.
- Anya @ On Starships and Dragonwings discusses adding to the positivity of the book blogging community.
- Neroli @ Book Olympus talks writing book reviews.
- Miguel @ The Quirky Reader gives us tips to overcome the dreaded reading slump!
I hope you all had a wonderful week and Valentine’s Day! Let me know all about it in the comments! 🙂