Well, this was my first full week back to school from Christmas break. Man was I tired. Two weeks off and it was like it was the length of summer! I’m happy to be back at a regular schedule, though. It will be busy, but much better for keeping at blogging on a regular basis!
I was hoping for a “cold day” off from school mid-week as windchills were supposed to reach -25 degrees, but unfortunately for us, they only went down to about -20, so still school. It’s been very snowy, icey, and freezing, so I’ve been cuddled under a blanket for pretty much every activity I try an do, whether it be homework or reading a book. Hot vanilla chai has been my best friend throughout the winter…ahhhh.
I got a Barnes & Noble gift card after the holidays from my “Aunt” so obviously it’s already gone! Thanks so much!
I’ve been meaning to buy both of these for so long and so I basically just grabbed them without a second thought, which is unusual for me and buying books. I normally plan long and hard about what I spend gift cards or money on book-wise.
Recently Finished & Currently Reading
I just finished Friday night, the last short story in My True Love Gave to Me edited by Stephanie Perkins (review link below). I was really pleased with it, although I have no idea why it took me so long to get through it?!
Yesterday I started reading Salt & Stone by Victoria Scott, the sequel to Fire & Flood, which I LOVED. Not very far in yet, but based off of the last one, this series will help you bridge the gap between Mockingjay Part 1 and Part 2 (which I just saw Part 1 last week! — link to me review of the movie below).
Around the Blogosphere
- Kayla @ The Bookish Owl makes 5 resolutions for blogging for 2015.
- Emily @ The Loony Teen Writer discusses how negative reviews don’t always make you a good reviewer.
- Take a quiz on Epic Reads to see which YA make-out scene you are! (I was America & Maxon! <3)
- Naban @ Quite Literary shares ten books that do contemporary proud.
- Michelle @ Pink Polka Dot Book Blog asks: Are we missing out by reading too fast?!
- Kelly @ Effortlessly Reading discusses mood reading.
- Kristen @ My Friends Are Fiction celebrates the 40th anniversary of Tuck Everlasting!
Here at Books & Cleverness
- I posted my mini movie review of Mockingjay — Part 1.
- I shared my top ten most anticipated debuts of 2015!
- I reviewed My True Love Gave to Me: Twelve Holiday Stories edited by Stephanie Perkins
Also, if you are participating in my Dusting off the Shelf 2015 Reading Challenge, the January Link-Up for your reviews is HERE.
How was YOUR week? I’d love to chat with you all about it!