I’m finally on the mend from pertussis (whooping cough) which took so much out of me. Although I missed most of the week of school I’ve been resting a lot and thank goodness will (hopefully) be back in business very soon before the holidays!
Clary got home from being spayed on Monday, and is fully back to her crazy self, too! I missed her when she had to stay at the vet overnight. To the right is a picture of her the day she got home and was really sleepy!
I haven’t gotten many books during my sort-of-absence. I’ve actually just requested some recently so fingers crossed I’ll be accepted for those!
The Missing by Necole Ryse
This is the second book in The Birthright Trilogy. I wasn’t a huge fan of the first book, but I am really looking forward to seeing how the story progresses. I think the stakes will be a lot higher in this one!
Recently Finished and Currently Reading
Well, this week I had my first DNF book (The Beginning is the End by Cara Davis), which wasn’t a great way to start my week of reading, but I really couldn’t force myself to push through farther than I did.
Last night in almost one sitting I started and finished Suspicion by Alexandra Monir, which I really enjoyed, but had a small problem with. My review will be up on Black Friday of next week to hear my more developed thoughts!
As of right now I haven’t started anything for pleasure YET. I’m almost done with The Scarlet Letter for my English class, and when I finish that I shall start something new!
Around the Blogosphere
- Aimee @ Deadly Darlings shares some things to do when we don’t feel like reading.
- Rachel @ Confessions of a Book Geek shares some deals EXCLUSIVE to her blog for some awesome bookish Etsy shops.
- The Savvy Reader recommends books and some bookish gifts for your favorite fiction readers.
- Emma @ A World of Books questions whether a book can really be bad.
- Jen @ Books & Other Happy Ever Afters shares some TV shows that inspire fashion.
- Stephanie @ These Paper Hearts shows Blogger users how to make a “Recent Reviews” gadget.
- Anya @ On Starships and Dragonwings shares her advice for starting a book blog.
- Epic Reads shares 12 YA Series they think should be made into Netflix series.
Here at Books & Cleverness
- Review: The Princess Spy by Melanie Dickerson
- Waiting on…Never Never by Colleen Hoover and Tarryn Fisher
- Confession #2: I’m a horrible commenter. *Still working on my pledge…
- DNF Review: The End is the Beginning by Cara Davis
I hope you all had a wonderful week! I’d love to hear all about it in the comments!