What I Did:
Tuesday marked the very first day back to school after a way too short summer. I will say that everything went smoothly and I am loving my classes so far! This past Friday was my first 2 hour block AP Chem class and I am really enjoying it! My teacher has pictures of Benedict Cumberbatch on her wall. I’m not in love with him like some but I think Sherlock is pretty cool so I fangirled a little, I admit! I’m also dabbling in a different kind of art than I normally do: sculpture! I was hoping to get in ceramics, but it wouldn’t fit, so I’m in sculpture but I think it will be such a fun class. And I can’t forget the class that I’ve been meaning to take for years but could never fit: Advertising and Graphic Design!! I am so lucky/happy/excited that my school offers a course for the field of work that I actually want to go into and my teacher already started talking about typography *faints* I’m so going to love this class… And one more school notable thing to mention: my AP Language teacher like sniffing books. We are going to be friends, I can tell! 😛
Also on a completely random note, I’ve been loving the song Ugly Heart by G.R.L. It’s so catchy and I am OBSESSED.
Links I Loved:
Not gonna lie I didn’t read many posts this week because who knew going back to school could be so tiring?!
- Quinn @ Quinn’s Book Nook discusses characters and her feelings when she reads about one that reminds her of herself.
- Trish @ Between the Lines compares reviewing books to the X Factor.
- Margie @ Bumbles and Fairy-Tales shares the book trailer for Zac & Mia by A.J. Betts, which I plan to read soon. The trailer is really cute!
- Katie @ Katie’s Book Blog wrapped up the Book Blogger Summer Reading Program with a bunch of giveaways for us bloggers who reached our goals! (I did!)
- Lauren @ Bookmark Lit shares her 10 favorite places to read!
- P.E. @ The Sirenic Codex shares her favorite books about college that she’s read since she’ll be heading there soon.
- It Was Lovely Reading You talked about the things she does in bookshops.
- Celine @ YA Midnight Reads shares her thoughts and feels about the well-known book hangover.
Books I Added to My Shelves:
[pictures to be added when it stops raining so I can have good light!]
Sever by Lauren DeStefano – The third and final book in The Chemical Garden trilogy. I recently bought book #2 and wanted to have the last one so I could binge read them together!
The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin – I seriously can’t believe I just picked this up…
Dangerous Girls by Abigail Haas – EVERYONE has been talking about this book this summer, so naturally I want to see what it’s all about!
Suspicion by Alexandra Monir (Random House/NetGalley – Thank you!) – I read the synopsis and I knew that I had to read this one! I requested this a while back and never got accepted until just yesterday so this was a very pleasant surprise!
Recently Finished and Currently Reading:
My most recent read was The Winter People by Rebekah L. Purdy which was quite disappointing. But I’m hoping to have better luck with Wildlife by Fiona Wood, my current read!
On My Blog:
- Review: The Midnight Queen by Sylvia Izzo Hunter
- Review: Ignite by Lily Paradis
- Review: The Winter People by Rebekah L. Purdy
I hope you all had a wonderful week! I’d love to chat with you all about it!