What I Did:
I have a question: What happened to summer?!?! I know I’ve been saying this for weeks but it has gone by so, so fast. I am excited to be returning to school, although I’m a bit nervous about taking three APs. I hope I know what I’ve gotten myself into…
All that being said, I have two days left of summer and I am making the most of what I have left! Today is my birthday, and I’m not quite sure what I’m going to be doing yet (I’m writing this the day before), but whatever I do I know it’s going to be fun!
As some of you have learned from my replies to comments my kitten has been delayed a couple weeks, unfortunately. But this gives me something to look forward to after school is back in session! We got a picture of her and I can’t stop staring at her adorableness!
Links I Loved:
- Nereyda @ Mostly YA Book Obsessed created a mood board for an anticipated release of mine, My Heart and Other Black Holes by Jasmine Warga. Her boards are so cool and fun!
- Kayla @ The Thousand Lives discusses the colors and emotions that she associates with Stephanie Perkins’ Anna and the French Kiss series in her “Saturated Reads” feature.
- Jen @ Books and Other Happy Ever Afters talks about her want to start vlogging and shares some of her favorite BookTubers! (P.S. – Isn’t her blog name just the most adorable and wonderful thing ever?!) Recently I’ve been thinking about writing a similar post and explaining why I haven’t ventured into BookTube just yet…
- Annie @ The Runaway Reader has been blogging for TWO YEARS!! Stop over and celebrate with her! She’s awesome, such a wonderful blogger, and such fun to talk to. 😀 (She also mentioned me in her post and I was smiling like I was in the bookstore for a good 10 minutes. I’m so happy you consider me a friend! ❤
- Aimee @ Deadly Darlings discusses being a fangirl. I’m sure we can all relate, am I right?!
- Miranda @ Tempest Books featured me in her “Must Haves” for this week! Thanks so much to her, and be sure to check out her post for other blogs, music, foods, clothes, etc. that she’s been loving this week!
- Ashley @ For the Love of the Page reached a bunch of blogging milestones this week! Congrats, Ashley!
- Rachel @ Confessions of a Book Geek talks about “the dreaded book-buying ban.” I’ve tried so hard to go on one but books just keep coming out and I can’t stop buying them! My next purchase needs to be a new bookshelf, not more books for goodness sake!
Books I Added to My Shelves:
Bought from BookOutlet:
LEFT: The Lost Girl by Sangu Mandanna | Don’t Turn Around by Michelle Gagnon | Arclight by Josin L. McQuein | Lies Beneath by Anne Greenwood Brown | Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo | Fire with Fire by Jenny Han and Siobhan Vivian | CENTER: The Luxe by Anna Godberson | Beautiful Days by Anna Godberson | The Boyfriend List by E. Lockhart | The Prey by Andrew Fukuda | The Heiresses by Allison Rushby | Fever by Lauren DeStefano | RIGHT (most anticipated): The Brokenhearted by Amelia Kahaney | Such a Rush by Jennifer Echols
Wildlife by Fiona Wood (via NetGalley) – This was a Read Now and I seriously just couldn’t resist. I’ve had my eye on it for the longest time and I just…I had to…
Recently Finished and Currently Reading:
Yesterday I finished The Midnight Queen by Sylvia Izzo Hunter and I really really enjoyed it! It was such a well-crafted and magical story that I fell in love with. My review will be up tomorrow for those who need more convincing about picking it up!
Yesterday I also started IGNITE by Lily Paradis, which I am already really enjoying! I can tell this is going to be a sexy romance, but with a touching sidestory that I won’t be able to put down!
On My Blog:
- Review: Into the Grey by Celine Kiernan
- Top Ten Books I’ve Read But Don’t Own (Yet)
- Waiting on…Frostfire by Amanda Hocking
- Release Day Blitz + Excerpt: IGNITE by Lily Paradis
- How Book Blogging + High School Has Prepared Me for the “Real World”
- Review: The Empress Chronicles by Suzy Vitello
How was your week? I’d love to hear all about it!