Let’s just take a moment:
Okay, now that we’ve shaken everything off…back to the regular scheduled programing!
What I Did:
More summer work…Is this starting to sound repetitive? Yeah, I thought so too. Well, my life has actually been pretty boring as of late. Lots of prepping my house because I’M GETTING MY KITTEN ON FRIDAY! I’ve been talking and talking about her, but she’s finally coming home to me on Friday and I will be posting millions of pictures on Instagram of her, and of course I’ll be showing her off in my next Week in Review post! (Oh my gosh my NEXT Week in Review post!! The excitement!)
I also made a quick stop at the library on my way to the store to renew my library card, but unfortunately the books I was looking to take out were already on hold for someone else (Cress and The Queen of the Tearling, in case you were curious). I found out that Lillie has yet to read Lola and the Boy Next Door too, so I put that on hold from my library as an eBook so that the two of us can do a read-a-long! I can’t wait to read Lola and then go right to Isla and the Happily Ever After, both by Stephanie Perkins of course!
Links I Loved:
(Lots of links this week!!)
- Diana @ Brilliantly Novel shares her favorite bookish websites! Even I discovered some new ones…!
- Marissa Meyer, author of the Lunar Chronicles shared a photo of a highly coveted ARC that I am SOOOOO excited for *squeals*
— Marissa Meyer (@marissa_meyer) August 12, 2014
- Melanie @ YA Midnight Reads discusses the difficulties of juggling school and blogging. I’ll be going through this very soon, too…
- Annie @ The Runaway Reader talks about what bugs her when she’s trying to read. Talking people? Background noise? Thoughts in her head? Yup, to all three for me.
- I recently started following Christina @ Christina Reads YA, and I discovered that once a week she writes a HUGE post in which she links up tons of publishing, author, book and blogging news and posts all in one! Definitely check out this post and follow her blog!
Now, this week a lot of you bloggers had the itch to talk about ARCs! I found a bunch of your posts to be very informative and interesting discussions, and I can’t help but pass them along to other bloggers that could use your help, too!
- Miranda @ Tempest Books discusses her feelings on whether or not you should buy a finished copy of a book after reading the ARC of it. I must admit, I very rarely do, but if I LOVED the book, I’ll be sure to purchase it so it will look beautiful on my shelf!
- Bekah @ Awesome Book Nuts has a YouTube channel, and she recently posted two very informative and info packed videos all about ARCs. I definitely recommend that you watch her first and follow-up videos if you’re a brand new blogger looking for the facts, or even if you’ve been at it for a while like me! I got some useful tips and info from it, so thanks, Bekah! 🙂
- Kaja @ Of Dragons and Hearts talked about her feelings on blogs that feature ARCs, already published books, and just her thoughts on ARCs in general as a newer blogger!
- Reviews from a Bookworm discusses her thoughts on physical ARCs vs. eARCs, and gives a little advice to those who may want it!
Whew, lots of links!
Books I Added to My Shelves:
Love and Other Unknown Variables by Shannon Lee Alexander – I’ve heard amazing things about this one and I’m just so freaking excited!!! (Thank you so much to Entangled: Teen!!)
UPDATE: Just got an email with a copy of IGNITE by Lily Paradis! This one is available for Kindle pre-order now! Thank you SO much to Lily for this one – I can’t wait to read it! 🙂
So I have no idea why this was sent to me but I’m not complaining! Thank you so much to MyKindaBook for this beautiful finished UK copy of Trial by Fire by Josephine Angelini!
Recently Finished and Currently Reading:
Most recently I finished reading…Into the Grey by Celine Kiernan. My review will be up tomorrow, but I will say that I was disappointed in this one.
And I’m currently reading The Empress Chronicles by Suzy Vitello! It’s like a mashup of historical fiction and contemporary all rolled into one and I cannot wait to see where the author takes the story! Hopefully my review will be up on Thursday or Friday!
On My Blog:
Things look quite a bit different around here! Yes, I redesigned blog graphics yet again. I can’t help it! I really wanted to go for something more simplistic with the B&W color scheme, but keep my little butterflies for a small, light pop of color. I hope you guys like it as much as I do!
- Review: Trial by Fire by Josephine Angelini
- Top Ten Books People Have Been Telling Me I MUST Read
- Waiting on…The Walls Around Us by Nova Ren Suma
- Review: The Legacy by Necole Ryse
How was your week? I’d love to hear all about it in the comments! 🙂