Week in Review is a weekly post in which I wrap up what’s happening in my life, in books, and in blogging (inspired by Anna @ Anna Reads)!
What I Did:
I’ve spent a lot of time this week getting ready for my vacation which is fast approaching and I’m VERY excited about. I’m hoping to read a lot as I have two 5-hour car rides and the whole week to meet up with some friends and just enjoy and relax! I did go to the pet store to start picking up some kitten things as my little kitty will be arriving either the last week in August or the first of September. The store was actually hosting a shelter with a bunch of volunteers and I inquired about becoming one and they said they were in need of cat-loving people, so now I’ll be volunteering ever Saturday with kittens to help them find loving homes to be adopted in! What a great way to spend two hours of my Saturday! I did spend a good chunk of time reading outside, though. I love to enjoy the weather when I can…
Links I Loved:
- Nikki @ Fiction Freak shared her favorite fairytale retellings. Her list is amazing and I strongly recommend you check it out if you’re looking for more of these types of books to read. I added a ton to my TBR!
- The wonderful ladies over at Epic Reads were oh so clever as usual and created (yet some more) infographics on love triangles and other “emotional shapes.” Yes, you know you want to click that link!
- Laurel @ The Caffeinated Bibliophile discussed what it’s like to be “The New Kid” in the world of book blogging. A great post, that I loved reading.
- Rachel @ Confessions of a Book Geek is curious to know if YOU read Acknowledgements and Dedications in books. I do, what about you?
- Dana @ The Nerdy Journalist has fallen back in love with hardcovers! I went through a similar process when I first got my eReader, too. But the physical book will just keep drawing you back in!
- Miguel @ The Quirky Reader tagged me in the Seven Deadly Sins tag! Thanks you sooooo much! I can’t wait to do this tag. 🙂
Books I Added to My Shelves:
The One (The Selection, #3) by Kiera Cass – OMGOMGOMGOMG I finally have this in my clutches. I’m so excited I just couldn’t resist the bargain…I must finish and see who America chooses!!
Recently Finished and Currently Reading:
I finally read Mr. Penumbra’s 24-Hour Bookstore by Robin Sloan (review linked below) and I absolutely adored it. You guys that raved about it were all so right! Thanks for making me read it sooner! ❤ I’m now currently reading A Little Something Different by Sandy Hall. Me right now: AHHH CUTENESS. That is all.
On My Blog:
- Review: On the Fence by Kasie West
- Honesty Hour: Top [Nine] Book Blogging Confessions
- Blog Tour REVIEW & GIVEAWAY: The Fog of Forgetting by G.A. Morgan – STILL TIME TO ENTER THE GIVEAWAY!
- Waiting on…Adrenaline Crush by Laurie Boyle Crompton
- Review: Mr. Penumbra’s 24-Hour Bookstore by Robin Sloan
I hope you all had a wonderful week! I’d love to hear all about it! 🙂