Inspired by Anna @ Anna Reads.
What I Did:
We had a HUGE thunderstorm in my area mid-week and we lost power TWICE in two days. The first time it was out for 7 hours, then it came back on, and the next day it went off again for another hour. In it’s wake it killed our microwave, fridge, and power strip connected to the desktop computer…so yeah. Coincidentally the power went out during while I was watching a creepy episode of Pretty Little Liars and I kind of freaked out. Has anyone been watching PLL lately? I think the show has been drawn out quite a lot, but Season 5 looks like it’ll be different than the past ones…I’m liking it.
Links I Loved:
- I was so thankful for The Recaptains this week. I finally started Siege and Storm by Leigh Bardugo but had only the faintest of memories of the details of what happened in book 1. They recapped Shadow and Bone here, and for those of you that are more up to date than I, the Siege and Storm recap is here.
- Hypable posted a link to this hilarious video of when Jimmy Fallon’s Tonight Show went to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter and asked the PARENTS trivia questions. It’s kind of amazing just how little the parents know. I mean, my parents know quite a bit considering the amount I talk about. It comes up at least once in every conversation, I mean come on!
- Out of the blue this week there was an announcement that the pilot of the Delirium TV show based off of the series by Lauren Oliver would be released on Hulu on June 20th! It’s only going to be up for a month so hurry and watch it here!
Books I Added to My Shelves:
Ruin and Rising (B&N Exclusive Collector’s Edition) by Leigh Bardugo – This was a must. And the collector’s edition because there’s a short story about the Darkling. Yes please!
Fiendish by Brenna Yovanoff (Thanks to Penguin First to Read) – Her books look so creepy and this cover just screams “Emily you’re asking for bad dreams!” but it looks awesome and I’ve been craving creepy lately so…
The Kiss of Deception by Mary E. Pearson (Thanks to Henry Holt and Co. (BYR) and NetGalley) – This has been promoted quite a lot and I’m eager to see what it’s all about. I’ve also been craving some good fantasy after my Leigh Bardugo obsession at the moment. I’m a part of #TeamRemnant, the street team for this book, so keep an eye out on my Tumblr the week of it’s release – there will be a bunch of original posts about the book!
A Little Something Different by Sandy Hall (Thanks to Macmillan) – I’m so excited for this one! It’s cover is gorgeous, the story sounds adorable, and it seems to be really unique. I’m hoping to LOVE it. This is also my first ever physical ARC that I’ve requested from a publisher and I got accepted. I did quite the happy dance!
Recently Finished and Currently Reading:
I finished Siege and Storm by Leigh Bardugo and have now moved onto Ruin and Rising! I’m planning to do a double (spoiler-free) review post for the these two, with a Ruin and Rising (spoiler-y) discussion to top it all off! Don’t worry – I’ll hide spoilers so you won’t see them by accident!
On My Blog:
- Review: Lies My Girlfriend Told Me by Julie Anne Peters
- Guest Review on ReadingTeen: Dark Metropolis by Jaclyn Dolamore
- Top Ten Books On My Summer TBR List
- Waiting on…The Orphan Queen by Jodi Meadows
- Cleverly Quoting…Jaclyn Dolamore
- Discussion Review: To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee + a poll!
- Saturday Snapshots (#2) – Grisha Trilogy Design Love