Inspired by Anna @ Anna Reads.
WHAT I DID:
While I was on blog hiatus I didn’t really do much exciting…except for seeing The Fault in Our Stars and crying my eyes out. As you can see from the picture I wore my “Okay? Okay.” shirt to the movie, accompanied by my Starbucks. My friend told me we should take pictures and caption them “The Fault in Our Starbucks,” hence the picture. I’m not planning on reviewing the movie as I don’t have much to say about it other than that skeptical fans of the book will have nothing to worry about. It was beautiful and just as emotionally exhausting as the book was, bringing enough tears to fill a river. Shailene Woodley, Ansel Elgort, Nat Wolff, and Laura Dern stole the show. The movie had me crying sooner than the book did. We left the theater puffy-eyed and stuffy-nosed, people in line for the next show staring at us on the way out.
LINKS I LOVED:
- Leigh @ Little Book Star discussed classics and all of their beautiful editions. Why can’t we just buy them all?!
- Kelsey @ Verbosity Book Reviews posted ten tips on how to be a more awesome book blogger – definitely worth the read for everyone, not just newbies.
- Basically EVERYTHING on the Epic Reads blog/YouTube/social media – they’re awesome. But more specifically, they posted about the design process of Claudia Gray’s upcoming release, A Thousand Pieces of You. Hint: All of the covers are gorgeous as is the final one. My inner designer went crazy when I first saw it.
BOOKS I ADDED TO MY SHELVES:
- City of Lost Souls by Cassandra Clare
- Dark Metropolis by Jaclyn Dolamore (Thanks to Andye @ ReadingTeen!)
BOOKS I READ:
I finally finished Take Back the Skies by Lucy Saxon (review linked below), and devoured Dark Metropolis by Jaclyn Dolamore!
ON MY BLOG:
- Update: I’m Back! + Summer Blog Schedule
- Review: Take Back the Skies by Lucy Saxon – ♥♥+.5
- Saturday Snapshots (#1) – My Bookshelves
How was your week? Let me know all about it in the comments!